Eyes being one of the most important facial features, they’re the key to looking your healthy and sparkling best. There are multitudes of ways to define your eyes and with just our eyes we can send messages to others, let them know our emotions and create a new look. You don’t need a makeup artist to make your eyes more expressive and noticeable, knowing few steps and tips will be of great success.
Here’s how to make your eyes stand out, one step at a time.
FILL IN YOUR EYEBROWS LIKE A PRO –
Defined eyebrows frame your face and draw attention to your eyes. Brows can open up the entire eye area don’t forget to always keep your eyebrows neatly groomed. A higher arch will make you look more awake. Also Read how to fill your eyebrow perfectly
Make use of eyeshadow primer to stop your eyeshadow from wearing off on your eyes. The primer helps the eyeshadow stay in place all day. Check the DIY Primer by BeautyNerd
CHOOSE THE RIGHT EYESHADOW COLOR:
We have different eyes with different colors so choose the right shadow that go well with your eye color.
HAZEL EYE COLOR: One thing about the Hazel eyes is that they have different colors in them, mostly a combination of Green and Brown. As such, if you have lots of Green then go with eyeshadows for green eyes. Golden/Brown, go with eyeshadows for Brown eyes. The fun part is that Hazel eyed ladies can choose which color in their eyes they wish to bring out.
– purple will make your eyes appear brighter
– Gold and Bronze (metallics) will bring out Gold /Brown flecks
– Green will bring out the Green flecks
– Silver, Grey, Warm and Neutral Brown will also make your eyes appear brighter
BROWN EYE COLOR: brown eyed girls can make use of almost any color of eyeshadow. However we still need to figure what color works better than others and would make Brown eyes stand out even more. Try out medium or lighter shades of shadows if you have a Dark Brown eyes and vice versa.
– Purple colors looks great on Honey tones
– Bronze and Neutral Brown, these colors tend to blend in with Brown eyes but to make your eyes stand out, add a bit of Purple or Green on the lower lashline or water line
– Light Pink and Gold; play with the colors and find out what’s best for your eyes and skin tone
GREEN EYE COLOR: Tinted Red eyeshadow will make Green eyes appear brighter. Why? Because Red is opposite of Green on the color wheel. You can choose warm colors if you have Green eyes.
– Reds and Pinks
– Darker Green
– Dark Brown
BLUE EYE COLOR: The Blue eyes easily pops. Orange tinted eyeshadows will make your Blue eyes appear brighter.
– Gold or Copper (warm metallics)
– Orange or Brown
– Contrasting Blue
Having known the different color of eyes and eyeshadows to use, we also need to pay attention to our skin tone when choosing shadow colors.
HIGHLIGHT YOUR TEAR DUCT AND BROW BONE
use light colored eyeshadow apply in the inner corners of your eyes, this would brighten up your eyes and help open up your eyes too. Highlighter or shimmery eyeshadow (champagne color) would work best
eyeliners would help give your eyes some definition. You can wear black or brown eyeliner, liquid, gel or pencil. You can create a winged or cat eye style. Work the liner into your lashline as close to your eyelashes. Check out the quick way to creating a cat eyes with the eyeliner
– To make your eyes appear large, apply white eyeliner to your waterline
– To make your eyes appear small, apply black eyeliner to your waterline
– Choose an eyeliner that contrast your eye color so to bring out the color of your eyes.
You want your lashes to look super thick and super black? Don’t skip your mascara. Apply mascara placing the wand at the roots of your upper eyelashes and then blink slowly while moving it up. You can wear mascara on your lower.
Get a water proof mascara it’s less likely to smudge and also consider wearing false lashes too. You can choose a natural style to enhance your lashes or a heavier style to make your eyes stand out even more.